Working Foreman – Environmental Operations
Organizes and manages the safe daily operation of emergency spill response, specific industrial cleaning and environmental projects.
• Site inspections and preparation of job estimates.
• Communicate with project manager/ coordinator the needs of the specific jobs. Prepare manpower, equipment and material.
• Prepare safety evaluation of job.
• Conduct Tailgate Safety Briefings daily and weekly tool box talks.
• Working alongside and overseeing crews in a safe manner following all OSHA and Miller Environmental Group, Inc. safety practices
• Continually monitor job site for safety related issues
• Manage and operate the equipment utilized daily on the job site.
• Manage crew to optimize production and profitability while maintaining a safe environment
• Responsible for all documentation. Examples of paperwork required would be: worksheets, tailgate safety briefings and tool box talk documentation, waste manifests and daily reports.
• Secure work site at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and security of equipment and materials.
• Ensure all tools and equipment are cleaned and returned in proper working order at the end of each project.
• Must have basic computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel (entering notes, and photo upload)
• Must be able to follow and manage a project from start to finish
• On-site visits to some customers independently and with Marketing Rep.
Must have at least 3 – 5 years experience in Industrial cleaning or Utility construction or environmental construction. Must have at least 1 – 3 years supervising crews.
Machines, Tools Equipment and Work Aids: Jack Hammers, Vacuum Trucks, Roll-off Trucks, Guzzler/ Vactors, Oil/ Water Pumps, Air Ventilator, Gas Monitors, High-Pressure Hot Water Washers, Basic Hand Tools, etc.
All successful candidates must pass a physical examination, background screening and drug/alcohol screen. Candidate MUST have availability for after-hours/weekend work and on-call rotation as well as travel and need to provide their own appropriate tools. Foremen must have a valid driver’s license and pass a DOT physical along with a background check. CDL license preferred. Must be able to lift at least 90lbs.